Security and Administration: Cocaine
 What's the point?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

moewhite

1 Posts

Posted - 2006 February 02 :  16:11:28  Show Profile
I don't understand this site. It seems dedicated to damaging the reputation of St. John's College. If one is trying to change "systemic" problems in the college, I don't think that attempting to make the school look foolish in the press is the best way to do so. As a current senior at Santa Fe, I have never had a problem having open and genuine discussions with the Administration, even on the most sensitive of issues. By no means have I always agreed with the Administration, but I firmly believe that they have always acted in good faith concerning disciplinary issues. It saddens me that others have come to such different conclusions.
I respect everyone's right to voice their opinions, but feel that many of the issues on this site are overblown. I have attended two open meetings between students and administration this year, and NONE of these issues were raised. The only explanation I can find for this is that this site does not express feelings that are widely held within the Santa Fe community. Furthermore, it is my understanding that this site is the work of a single disgruntled former student with a personal grudge against the college. Perhaps I am wrong.
Finally, I would like to say that, in my opinion, St. John's is the best education money can buy. With three and a half years of experience at the Santa Fe campus, I can't imagine being happier. I sincerely hope that this site does not dissuade potential applicants from attending St. John's, nor discourage the generosity of the school's donors.

-Morgan White-Smith, SF '06

Edited by - moewhite on 2006 February 02 16:29:00

38 Posts

Posted - 2006 February 02 :  17:07:41  Show Profile
At the time of the writing of Morgan White-Smith's comment, no category existed to comment on the site as a whole. Such a category has subsequently been created, and Morgan White-Smith's comment has been reprinted in that category to kick off a discussion. Please post any responses to his comment in that category; you will be unable to post responses in this one.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St John's Forum © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000